jueves, 23 de junio de 2011

Walter H. Curioso, M.D., M.P.H., PhD (c)




              Walter H. Curioso 
             University of Washington (Seattle, USA)
        Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia (Lima, Peru)

I'm a public health physician from Peru, and my specialty is in looking at how technology can improve the public health in developing countries, specially with mobile health. I'm currently building a biomedical and health informatics program at the Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia in Lima, where I work as a research professor. I also hold a faculty appointment as an affiliate assistant professor in the Division of Biomedical and Health Informatics in the School of Medicine at the University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA.

My latest projects involve using mobiles devices (including cell phones and PDAs) to support adherence among HIV and diabetic patients, using cell phones to support prenatal care among pregnant women, and using cell phones and the Internet to develop a real-time surveillance system for adverse events. For a list of my projects, please click here.
Please send your comments to the following e-mail address: wcurioso@uw.edu
Walter H. Curioso, M.D., M.P.H., PhD (c)
Last updated: April 3, 2011©Edited by Walter H. Curioso

No hay comentarios: